The Canadian Youth Business Foundation (CYBF) is a national charity providingpre-launch coaching, business resources, start-up financing and mentoring to help you start your own successful business. If you are 18-34 and have a business idea…CYBF can help!
Entrepreneurs need money – that’s no secret. CYBF provides start-up financing of up to $15,000 for young entrepreneurs. Plus additional financing may be available through CYBF’s partnership with the Business Development Bank of Canada (BDC), where you can get up to an additional $30,000. That’s not it. CYBF also has an expansion program, which offers up to $10,000. That’s a total of up to $55,000available for your new venture. CYBF supports businesses of all kinds – skilled trades, technology, retail, services, and everything in between. CYBF provides financing based on character and a great business plan.
Along with the financing, you will benefit from CYBF’s mandatory world-class mentoring program. Every entrepreneur is hand-matched with an experienced business mentor for a minimum of two years to allow knowledge sharing and ensure a higher business success rate. A mentor is a vital resource with years of valuable business experience – and you get his or her assistance free for a minimum of two years with your CYBF financing!
We are proud to be your official Community Partner for the CYBF Program.
- Between 18-34 years old
- A Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada
- Produces a complete and viable business plan
- Has been in business, fully operating, for less than 12 months
- Lives or opens the business in the community which is offering the CYBF program
- Has some training / experience related to their business idea
- Willing to work with qualified business mentor for a period of two years
- Has a business that creates full-time sustainable employment for the applicant
- Holds at least 51% voting share in the business (if a partnership)
- Not a full-time student
- Financing proceeds may NOT be used for the refinancing of existing debt
GET STARTED NOW!
Visit www.cybf.ca for more information about the program, eligibility criteria and all their services.
Or contact us, your local CYBF Community Partner today!
Peterborough Community Futures Development Corporation
351 Charlotte Street